Haven’t done a nerd-out Wargame story recently, but this SEAL team impressed me so much in a tac 10v10 that I had to.
1) During the initial insertion, the SEALs’ CH-46 is spotted by a patrolling Flanker and suffers a near miss from an infrared missile, damaging the helicopter. The team was successfully inserted, though enemy forces were alerted to their presence, and the CH-46 got back to base for repairs.
2) The SEALs engage their first enemy command unit of the fight, this a UAZ command jeep.
3) After safely extracting with no losses and a minimum of rounds expended, the SEALs reinsert on a plateau near an enemy-held town with the objective of spotting targets for USMC/USN aircraft.
4) An AH-1W, under direction of the team, fires a TOW-2 missile at a Chinese tank defending an important crossroads.
5) The SEALs engage a team of Soviet airborne troops that were guarding the forest on the outskirts of the town.
6) A Harrier of VMA-223 “Bulldogs” fires Hydra rockets in support of the SEAL team.
7) After having eliminated the enemy command structure and most of their key defenses in the town, the team (which lost three men in the fight) is extracted.
8) Due to the presence of enemy anti-air artillery, the Huey extracting the team hugged a nearby river, at one point flying through a canyon.
9) The SEALs’ mission complete, the first wave of Marine troops lands to secure the town.